Rules of Engagements and Terms of Service
Updated on September 10, 2014
If you choose to use www.mdllcc.com for search, comments, registration, RSS, and other usages, then you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions.
We have outlined the terms and conditions that govern the use of the Millennium Development (MDLLC) website which is offered to you and which terms and conditions may be changed from time to time without notice and will take effect immediately upon posting them on this page. It is your responsibility to review this page prior to using our website. If you are not happy with these rules, you may choose not to visit our website and not to avail yourself of our services.
- Contents: Visiting and/or using our website contains contents including, but not limited to, laws, regulations, strategies, analyses, reports, news, features, surveys, photographs, videos, and cartoons that are protected by copy right laws, and are owned by the MDLLC or third party. You may not modify, change, use, re-publish, transmit, sell, and reproduce without the written permission of the MDLLC or the third party.
- User Contents: This information is generally generated by the users of our website by posting comments. You shall not engage in, or publish any comments and/or materials on our website if it contains any of the following:
- Personal attacks
- Hate speech
You agree and should be:
Courteous by not using language or materials enumerated above.
Respectful by making everyone feel welcome and comfortable to use and not engage in attacks or use any items listed above.
Debate the issues you are interested in and not lodge an attack or use any of items listed above.
Commercial usage of the services is not permitted and no solicitation of any kind is permitted.
Submissions (comments, pictures, videos, etc.) will first be reviewed by us and in some cases may be edited, modified, deleted, displayed, published, posted by us in a manner not agreeable to you, and you waive any rights you may have under any laws including the United States.
Responsibility lies with you on any submission, and MDLLC cannot review every single submission or post, however, MDLLC reserves the right to delete, move, edit, or remove any posting and/or submission to our website in its sole discretion and pursuant to any of the items enumerated above.
- Web Site Use Generally
- Purpose: MDLLC is an online Legal Research website and system generally about Afghanistan Laws.
- Legal Advice: MDLLC is not in the business or intends to provide legal advice or opinion. Any opinions and advice found on MDLLC’s website are those of the author and not necessarily those of MDLLC. Any information MDLLC’s employee or staff provides whether by telephone, e-mail, letter or other form of communication, is intended solely as general guidance on the use of the website and service, and does not constitute professional or legal advice.
- Eligibility, Access, Use and Service
- No Unlawful Or Prohibited Uses: As mentioned above and as a condition of your use of this Service, you warrant to MDLLC that you will not use this Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms of Service.
- Prohibited Uses Generally: You are required to comply with all applicable law in connection with your use of the Service, and such further limitations as may be set forth herein and in any written or on-screen notice from MDLLC. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to (i) use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere, or which has the effect of interfering with the proper working of the MDLLC Service or website. (ii) reproduce, redistribute or retransmit any information in the Service or website without the written permission of MDLLC or third party; (iii)use or permit anyone to use the information provided through this service for any unlawful or unauthorized purpose, or in any other manner not permitted in these Terms of Service; (iv) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sublicense, create derivative works from MDLLC, which includes the information and software made available therein; (v) copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, transmit or use for commercial or public purposes MDLLC, except to the extent required in order for you to use MDLLC in the manner expressly intended by MDLLC; and/or (vi) use any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or other information for purposes of registering as a customer or registering for any promotions offered through the Web Site. You further agree not to violate or attempt to violate the security of the Service, including, without limitation, (i) accessing data not intended for you or logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (ii) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (iii) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, by way of submitting a virus to, or overloading, "flooding", "spamming", "mailbombing" or "crashing", the Web Site; (iv) sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services; or (v) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. MDLLC will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
- Service Restrictions, Alterations and Terminations:MDLLC shall not be responsible for any delays or interruptions of, or errors or omissions contained in, the Service. MDLLC reserves the right, but shall not be required, to correct any delays, interruptions, errors or omissions. MDLLC may discontinue or alter any aspect of this Service, including, but not limited to: (i) restricting the time of availability, (ii) restricting the availability and/or scope of the Service for certain users, (iii) restricting the amount of use permitted, and (iv) restricting or terminating any user's right to use this service, at MDLLC’s sole discretion and without prior notice or liability.
- Linking to MDLLC; You may provide links to MDLLC from locations outside MDLLC provided (a) you link only to the home page www.mdllcc.com, (b) you do not remove or obscure, by framing or otherwise, advertisements, the copyright notice or other notices in MDLLC, (c) you give provider notice of such link by sending an email message to email@example.com, and (d) you discontinue providing links to MDLLC if notified by MDLLC.
- Ownership; Rights to Use
- Copyright Rights: You acknowledge that, other than original government works and other public domain materials, this Service contains information, graphics and other material (collectively, "Content") that are protected by copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights, and that these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media and technologies existing now or hereinafter developed. MDLLC owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such Content. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the Content, in whole or in part. You may not upload, post, reproduce or distribute Content protected by copyright, or other proprietary right, without obtaining permission of MDLLC.
- Trade and Service Mark Rights: MDLLC rights in the product names, company names, trade names, logos, product packaging and designs of all Afghanlaws.com or third-party products or services, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trademark symbol, belong exclusively to MDLLC or their respective owners, and are protected from reproduction, imitation, dilution or confusing or misleading uses under national and international trademark and copyright laws. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited and nothing stated or implied on this Service confers on you any license or right under any patent or trademark of MDLLC or any third party.
- Notice of Copyright Infringement: If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on this Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide MDLLC with the following information:
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- identification of the allegedly infringing material on the Service that is requested to be removed;
- your name, address and daytime telephone number, and an e-mail address if available, so that MDLLC may contact you if necessary;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the signatory is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed; and
- an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or someone authorized on the owner's behalf to assert infringement of copyright and to submit the statement.
Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for Notice of claims of copyright infringement.
MDLLC will remove any posted submission which infringes the copyright of any person under the laws of the United States upon receipt of such a statement (or, more specifically, any statement in conformance with 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)). United States law provides significant penalties for submitting such a statement falsely.
- Usernames, Passwords and Security.
- Your User Identity: Your username and password will be your identity for purposes of interacting with MDLLC and other users through the site.
- Username, Passwords, and Password Access: You shall keep confidential, shall not disseminate, and shall use solely in accordance with this Agreement, your username and password for the Service. You shall immediately notify MDLLC if you learn of or suspect: (i) any loss or theft of your username or password, or (ii) any unauthorized use of your username or password or of the Service. In the event of such loss, theft, or unauthorized use, MDLLC may impose on you, at MDLLC’s sole discretion, additional security obligations.
- Security Breaches and Revision: If any unauthorized person obtains access to the Service as a result of any act or omission by you, you shall use your best efforts to ascertain the source and manner of acquisition and shall fully and promptly brief MDLLC. You shall otherwise cooperate and assist in any investigation relating to any such unauthorized access.
- Responsibility for Content; Other Representations, Warranties and Covenants.
- Afghanistan Law Library (MDLLC): MDLLC shall not be responsible for any use that is or is not made of the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, MDLLC makes no representations, warranties or covenants regarding, and does not guarantee, the truthfulness, accuracy, relevancy, or reliability of any information or other material that are communicated through, or posted to, the Service. You acknowledge that any reliance on information or other material communicated through, or posted to, the Service will be at your own risk.
- Links to Third-Party Services: This Service may contain links to other Services ("Linked Services"). The Linked Services are not under the control of MDLLC and MDLLC is not responsible for the contents of the Linked Services, including, without limitation, links contained on Linked Services, or any changes or updates to Linked Services. MDLLC is providing Linked Services to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of such Linked Services is not an endorsement by MDLLC in favor of any company offering Internet services, products or services on the Linked Services.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY: YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ANY PART THEREOF, OR ANY WEB SITE OR OTHER CONTENT OR SERVICE THAT MAY BE ACCESSIBLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY THROUGH THE SERVICE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, MDLLC DISCLAIMS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ANY AND MDLLC (i) WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, (ii) WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, (iii) WARRANTIES RELATING TO DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE SERVICE, OR ANY PARTY THEREOF, (iv) WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE TRANSMISSION OR DELIVERY OF THE SERVICE, AND (v) WARRANTIES OTHERWISE RELATED TO PERFORMANCE, NONPERFORMANCE, OR OTHER ACTS OR OMISSIONS BY MDLLC OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT MDLLC IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. NEITHER MDLLC NOR ANY OF ITS PARTNERS, AGENTS, EXECUTIVES, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF USE OF THIS SERVICE OR INABILITY TO GAIN ACCESS TO OR USE THIS SERVICE OR OUT OF ANY BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT ON MDLLC.
- Indemnification. Upon a request by MDLLC, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of MDLLC, its partners, agents, executives, directors, employees and affiliates from any claims and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees and court costs, arising out of or related to any violation by you, or any partner, agent, employee or affiliate of you, of this Terms of Service or your use of the Service.
- Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement shall be construed and controlled by the laws of the State of Virginia. By using this service you agree that any dispute arising from or related to the terms of this agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of Virginia, without regard to its choice of law provisions. By using this service, you agree to personal jurisdiction by the state and federal courts sitting in Virginia.
- Arbitration: MDLLC at its sole discretion may submit any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service to binding arbitration conducted before one arbitrator who is knowledgeable in computer and cyberspace law. The site of any such arbitration will be in Virginia or the District of Columbia. The arbitration will be conducted in accordance with the then applicable Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The award rendered by the arbitrator will be binding and conclusive on the parties and judgment upon such award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Each party will bear its own costs and expenses, including fees and expenses of counsel, associated with the arbitration. The arbitrator will not be empowered to award punitive damages to either party.
- Severability: If any provision of these Terms of Service is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
- Entire Agreement: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter contained herein and supersedes all previous and contemporaneous agreements, proposals and communications, written or oral, between MDLLC representatives and you. Upon notice published through this service or otherwise, MDLLC may modify this Agreement at any time.
- Additional Terms. Other Provisions that govern your use of MDLLC are set forth in online notices appearing in connection with certain information, products, software, services, or features of MDLLC (collectively the "Additional Terms"), all of which are incorporated by reference herein. Your use of any information, products, software, cervices, or features of MDLLC that are subject to Additional Terms constitutes your acceptance of the respective Additional Terms.